Thursday, April 23, 2009

Our New Routine

16 days till graduation

I have been asking around for bed time advice and have come up with a plan. So tonight we started a bedtime routine. In the past, we have put AR to bed whenever she got sleepy. I have known we needed to get her in a bed time routine but I honestly haven't taken the time to do it. Just like I know I need to do laundry every night to stay caught up but I don't do that either. However, tonight we started our routine. I am about to have a lot more time on my hands so now is a great time to start. We start by eating dinner (baby food) about 6:00 and then bath time right after. Till now, I haven't been giving AR a bath every single night because she didn't need it. However, she is getting where she needs one every night because she is a dirty girl and she loves taking baths, so it works! After bath time, we get lathered and massaged with lotion and watch an episode of Little Einsteins. When her show goes off, we play hard till 8:00. Bed time is at 8:00! AR is use to taking a cat nap around 6:00 and not going to bed till around 10:00 so we will see how long she sleeps. I have a feeling I will be up all night. I don't want to brag on her too soon but since I kept her awake and made her miss her 6:00 nap, she went right to sleep tonight. She didn't even try to fight it. We'll see how the night goes.
Happy Read Me Day!
{It's a real holiday}

2 comments:

Sue said...

I feel like the "routine" might be the answer. It is much harder on you than her. I remember the first time we put Chris in his crib when he wasn't already asleep he cried/screamed for about 20 minutes (seemed like hours)...the next night it was a little shorter...until he was used to it. They are so smart. Hope she sleeps through the night for you. Congratulations on your ALMOST graduation!

Nana said...

She is so precious! And such a big girl :) I think she will probably like her new routine!