Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Good News!

I have been checking my email all day anxiously waiting to hear whether I passed my LiveText Portfolio. In order to graduate, I have to pass this portfolio. I received an email around 5:30 with this wonderful message:

Congratulation, You've passed your LiveText Portfolio and surpassed the program exit requirement. I wish you well as you work towards the conclusion of the internship. Thank you for your hard work.

It's the best news I've heard all semester! Last Monday night I emailed my mom and left her a frantic email saying that there was no way I was going to finish my portfolio and pretty much, it looks like I will be repeating my internship next semester. {As you can tell, I get extremely pessimistic when I get stressed} When she received my email the next morning, she got in her Suburban and attempted to drive an almost 5 hour trip to Harpersville from Blairsville, GA to come and help me. Thank goodness I got in touch with her before she got too far from home and convince her she didn't need to drive this far to help me. Instead, she helped me through long, late night phone calls and emails. There is NO WAY I would have finished or passed this portfolio without her. I love you mom and thank you so much for everything. You passed!! Graduation is 17 days away and counting!

On another happy note, I am almost to 10,000 hits on my blog. I'm amazed by how many people come to visit my blog everyday to check in on Miss AR and our little family. I wish more people would drop a comment so I know you were here but thank you for stopping by. I really enjoy blogging and love that y'all enjoy reading my random thoughts and AR's adventures.
What about American Idol? I love the group this season. I think I have said this before, but Matt is one of my favorites. I was relieved they saved him last week and am so excited he made it through tonight. I am pleased with the decision for Lil and Anoop to go home tonight. I think either Matt or Allison will go home next week. It's going to be hard for them to compete with Kris, Adam, or Danny...ha... I'm addicted ;)

Well I guess that is it for tonight. I am exhausted from trying to get a screaming baby to sleep. Why children fight sleep, I do not know. AR has fought sleep since she was 2 weeks old and it is only getting worse. I am bound and determined that the child will fall asleep in her crib but it takes a good half hour to make her go to sleep. I could easily give in and put her in our bed. She loves to sleep with us and falls asleep very quickly as soon as I put her in it but I don't want it to become a habit and I've already waited too long to get her in her own bed. Wish me luck..I hope it gets easier...Any suggestions??
2 Random thoughts:
1. By the end of the week, the high will be 88 degrees! HELLO SUMMER!!
2. Did you know that if you say gullible really slow it sounds like you are saying green beans... I'm serious ;)
Are you as gullible as Heath and I are?
Happy Earth Day and have a wonderful week!!

2 comments:

Taz + Belly said...

I'm here! I am terrible about commenting, because I'm usually reading from work, but not allowed to post anything (including comments). AR is too cute and Ella & I love looking at her pictures.

Good luck with the sleeping, that can be rough. Just put in some earplugs and let her figure it out. It sounds harsh and can be rough, but eventually they work it out for themselves. For awhile we had to turn our monitor down for a little while and then turn it back up once she was snoozing. God bless them, they are stubborn!

John & Misty Schluchter said...

Hey Ashley! My Joe was a sleep fighter too. For a while we would get him to sleep and then put him in his bed, but it was too much work for us, and probably not good for him. So, we just tried to start a night time routine. We would give him a bath after dinner, let him play for a little while, then turn on one of his little shows for him to relax. Then, we put him in his bed. The first week was a little rough, he would cry for about 15-20 minutes, but then he would be out the rest of the night. And after that first week, i think he started liking getting in his crib at night. We wouldnt hear a peep from him. We just putt 2 or 3 extra pacifiers in his crib and he would play with them and suck on them to sooth himself to sleep. Also, on the nights he would cry, if he cried longer than 15 or 20 minutes, john or i would go in and just reassure him. rub his back or pat him for a minute, then leave again. he would get really mad when we left, but wouldnt cry much longer and fell asleep. so thats how we reached our easy bedtime routine goal! He is down by 7:30 every night. maybe this will help??