Most Wednesdays my sweet friend, Beth, does New Word Wednesdays which I LOVE!!. Alston and AR are only days apart and at their age they are speaking new words daily. It's exciting to hear AR repeat words but it's even more exciting when she actually remembers the words and says them on her own days, weeks, or even months later. I have been a little concerned with AR's speech because she is so hard to understand. I was afraid there might be a hearing issue causing her not to hear the words correctly but she has made huge progress the past few weeks not only with her pronunciation but also with the amount of words she is saying. With that being said, I am going to attempt NEW WORD WEDNESDAYS also to share what new words AR is saying and how she is pronouncing them!
Her first word was Daddy and now she just calls him Dad or Dad Dad. A few other words she says on a regular basis are: ball {ball}, cup {tup}, turtle {turtle}, Sarah {Sar}, Mommy {Mom Mom}, Banana or Nana {Nana}, What's that? {uts that}, book {book}, more {more}, eye {eye}, ears {eels}, toes {toes}, chicken {chichen} and lots more!
Her newest words:
Blues Clues {shoos shoos}
Brother {brudder}
Pops, Pawpaw, Poppa, Poppie {Pop-pa} - She calls all 4 of her grandfathers this because all their names sound the same
Phone {Hone}
Purple {Purple}
Check back next Wednesday for more mastered words as well as new words!!
3 comments:
Thats a great idea for you to start "New word Wednesdays." I think thats cute!
So cute! I'm glad you're gonna start doing New Word Wednesdays. I can't wait to hear her talking. Big girl!!
Can I just say that I LOVE mispronounced words? My favorites that E says are fold {flowed} and without {withbout}. I might cry when she stops saying withbout :).
AR is adorable - I love that outfit!
Post a Comment