When AR was about a month old, I noticed she started getting extremely fussy about 5:00 every night and there was very little we could do to make her happy or even content. After asking around to see how normal this was, I was told it's called the witching hour. Since then, I have talked to several moms whose newborns have gone through the same stage. Well guess who has started this? My sweet little boy is a very fussy baby starting about 4:30 and lasting until around 8 ish. All he wants to do is be held and "snack." Having a toddler and a house to take care of pretty much by myself doesn't allow me to sit and hold him for over 3 1/2 hours so I have done everything I can to keep him somewhat happy. The two things that work for a least a few minutes at a time are:
tummy time {I usually put him on his tummy so I can fix dinner, give AR a bath, fold laundry, etc.}
{notice the smile}
Bouncy seat time with Mommy bouncing it non stop with my foot. {I usualy put him in his bouncy when I am working on lesson plans/grading papers, playing in the floor with AR, or working/playing on the computer}
If I remember correctly, AR only went through this for about a month so I am really hoping we only have about 2 more weeks of this mess. Hopefully!
1 comment:
He's so cute, Ashley! I hope it doesn't last much longer. I remember that all to well. The bouncey seat was our lifesaver for quite a while as well. I'm glad it's working for you to!
Post a Comment