Saturday, August 7, 2010

Zoo.

I decided AR needed some "Mom Mom" time before I go back to work on Monday so Friday I chose not to work in my classroom and spend the day with my Reese's Cup! AR is really interested in everything animal right now so I figured she would really enjoy the zoo at this age. Since the weather here has been ridiculously hot I decided we would be there as soon as they open and only stay until lunch even if we didn't get around to seeing everything. AR always points out the same animals over and over again in her books and on her puzzles so I knew there were certain animals I would make sure we got to! 

Our first stop and one of her many favorites was the turtles. For some reason, saying the word turtle is really easy for her and she has always remembered what a turtle looks like. She absolutely loves them!



We also loved the birds but her favorite was the flamingos because they say "HONK!" She got the biggest kick out of that. She knows that birds usually say "CHIRP CHIRP TWEET TWEET" so when they honked at her it completely surprised her! She spent the rest of the day saying "HONK HONK!"


We rode the train! She held her arm up and said "CHOO CHOO" the whole ride and waved at everyone we rode by!

{Have I mentioned we are totally against taking pictures at this moment in our life so every time I whip out the camera the Stinker turns her head}

One of her most favorites was the monkeys. She loves telling me what monkeys say and seeing them in action made her day. I was so caught up in the excitement so I didn't get a picture of the monkeys.

She really enjoyed the petting zoo even though we didn't actually pet the animals. She talked to the goats in her "baby talk" voice as if they were her little brother. It was so cute!


We have been on a carousel before and she loved it just as much the second time! To be honest, it made me sick going around in a circle that fast in that hot of weather. I'm glad she enjoyed it because I did not..ha!

{again... the refusal to look at the camera}

Our last stop of the hot morning was the water fountain to cool off before we headed home! She loved playing in the water and kept running over to where I was sitting giving me kisses. I guess that was her way of saying thank you! She really enjoyed her time with her Mom Mom!


Since it was so hot I stripped her down to just her diaper for the car ride home and she was asleep before we ever made it out of the parking lot! 


What a perfect end to a great summer!

No comments: