1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Heath and I have been together 11 years {that goes all of the way back to the dating years}
2. How did you meet?
My friend, Lauren, and Heath's friend, Corey, dated for a little while. While they were dating, Lauren became really good friends with Heath and Corey's friend, Tommy. Lauren wasn't 16 yet, so one night back in 2001 I took Lauren to our local outdoor mall to hang out with Tommy. When I went back to pick her up, Lauren and Tommy were talking to a really cute country boy who wasn't much taller than me. At the time, I was carrying around the ever so popular yellow brick 2 way Nextel. This cute, country boy just happened to have the same phone. After realizing we both had Nextel's, we exchanged 2 way numbers and never looked back!
3. If married, how long have you been married?
We will be married 5 years on June 2nd!!
4. Where did you get married?
Heath and I got married in Birmingham in the Cahaba Grande ballroom. It had a large wedding and a wild reception! It was a fabulous one!
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?
When we were younger and "silly" I would call him Heafie. Now, he's Daddy.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
-He is a handy man. He can fix and build anything.
-He is an amazing Daddy. AR and Westin lucked out with such a hands on, caring Daddy!
-He has such a great personality. He is friendly, social, and truly caring. However, he is wildly sarcastic, absolutely hilarious, and extremely tender hearted.
7. Tell us how he proposed?
![]() |
| Nashville Zoo -- September 2006 |
Heath and I decided we needed to get away for a weekend. We planned a trip to Nashville back in 2006. While in Nashville, we went to the local piano bar to have a few drinks and a light dinner. We we arrived they gave us a sheet of paper to request songs so we eagerly looked at the selection while waiting on our waiter. After ordering, I made my way to the bathroom after strongly encouraging Heath to go request a song. Whe n I arrived back, Heath was talking to the "man with the microphone." I, of course, assumed he was requesting the song I had asked him to but then to my surprise he gave Heath the microphone. O.M.G! My immediate thought was that Heath was going to attempt to sing the song I had requested. We did have a few drinks under our belt after all. I immediately made a B-line for our table in embarrassment but Heath grabbed my arm and pulled me to him in my mad dash. It hit me what he was doing just seconds before he proposed in front of a crowd of mildly intoxicated strangers. Of course my first response was YES! However, I quickly asked him, "Did you ask my Dad?"
Memorable night... however, we don't have a single picture.
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Neither. Heath and I don't go all out for Valentine's Day. Actually, we are that couple who goes out the night before to beat the crowd. I know it's suppose to be all about couples but we like being with our babies on Valentine's Day.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Sunset dinner at a beach side restraunt is more like it. I don't really care anything about actually sitting in the sand to eat.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day.
We would love to just travel...anywhere!
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
We found out we were pregnant with AR just days before Valentine's Day in 2008. We decided to go out to dinner to celebrate our pregnancy and Valentine's Day all in one. While we were out, we realized how nice it was not to have to fight the crowds and wait for hours. Ever since, we always go out to dinner a night or 2 before and spend Valentine's Day with the kids.
This year, we went to The Cheesecake Factory this past Sunday night. It was divine!
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
We usually don't exchange gifts on Valentine's Day. It's not a day we make a big deal out of. I text Heath this morning and requested a steak and bake potato for dinner. It was delicious!
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
I think the main reason our relationship has been so successful and remains strong is because we keep it private. Of course, I will openly brag on him, tell about our family outings, and discuss our day to day. However, when we have problems, concerns, or rough days we keep it between us. We work it out by talking with each other and not going to friends or family members to seek advice or vent. Allowing others to criticize or give their opinions on our relationship and our decisions we make together is out of the questions. Privacy is important.
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
| A beautiful and crazy family we created together. Unconditional love. |
Linking up with From Mrs. to Mama
Happy Valentine's Day!







4 comments:
So sweet!
sweet- I love how everyone's story is different! We try to keep our stuff private too-it helps not to get others involved when in the end it was no big deal anyway! :)
sweet story! yall look like your babies in that first photo!!
Hi there, landed on your blog from the "our love story" link-up, which was a while I know! Although I didn't participate I still loved reading everyone's love story ;)
Your wedding dress was beautiful!
Followed you on GFC - Come check out my blog and follow me if you like it too, thanks!
Post a Comment