Sunday, February 12, 2012

Project 365: Week 6

We are 6 weeks in to 2012 and this week was a test of my sanity and patience. It brought on a busy schedule, sickness, and productivity!

Day 36: Sunday, February 5th
Super Bowl Sunday: We had a larger than expected Super Bowl gathering at our house on Sunday. We all laughed because out of our friends the number of children has quickly outnumbered the number of adults. The look of our house after everyone left was evidence that the children have taken over. I captured a picture of the boys quickly destroying AR and Westin's bedroom. All of the Littles had so much fun! I am so thankful AR and Westin have such a large group of family and friends to grow up with!

Day 37: Monday, February 6th
Mommy and Daddy were exhausted. After a late Sunday night and a full day of work on Monday we wanted nothing more than a quick dinner and early bedtimes. Hot dogs and mac and cheese it was! The Littles were ecstatic!

Day 38: Tuesday, February 7th
Our school Art Show and 4th/5th grade performance was Tuesday night. I love seeing my school babies perform and they were so excited to show their parents their artwork. Since a faculty meeting immediately followed the school day, I ended up pulling 12 straight hours at the school. Ms. Drake and I handed out glow necklaces to the families as they came in. Can you tell we are T.I.R.E.D?

Day 39: Wednesday, February 8th
Westin had a rough week. He didn't sleep well, struggled with a runny nose, and complained about the ears we just put tubes in. I decided to get him into the doctor Wednesday afternoon. Oh, guess what...and ear infection, even after the tubes. He is such a trooper and really enjoyed his yummy sucker on the way home.

Day 40: Thursday, February 9th
Daddy called me after school on Thursday to let me know that he felt horrible: sore throat, body ache, nausea. So I decided that we should play hookie from dance class and spend the evening at home taking care of a sick Daddy and a sick Westin.
{Shhh.. Don't tell AR. Since she doesn't quit get the concept of time yet, she didn't know we missed dance.}

Day 41: Friday, February 10th
Daddy went to the doctor to confirm that he in fact has strep throat. He wasn't in the best of moods when we got home Friday afternoon and both the kids were absolutely wild. So I decided, for my sake, to take a sanity drive and treat the Littles to a Happy Meal for dinner while Daddy stayed at home to rest..

Day 42: Saturday, February 11th
Daddy felt better, Mommy slept in {after a sickness scare} and the day turned out to be very productive. We got mirrors and blinds hung, laundry caught up, and a bedroom rearranged. After the Littles went to bed, Heath and I enjoyed a fire and wrapped up our taxes.

I am hoping next week is better to me. I would really enjoy a good week of sleep and a healthy family as a matter of fact. Is that too much to ask? :)

I am linking up with Laura over at Between the Lines.



Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Jessica @ a new adventure said...

Great pictures! You have such an adorable family. I hope everyone feels better this week!

Kathleen said...

I dont think your babies could be any cuter :)

Kim H. said...

Your family is adorable! I hope that everyone is feeling better now and that you have a great week!