Monday, February 27, 2012

Top Ten {Tuesday} Books to Read

I have a large stack of books I am wanting to get around to reading. I am currently reading Crazy Love for our Bible Study on Wednesday nights so I'm having a hard time picking up another book before finishing this one.

So here are my top ten books to read in the near future:

1. Heaven is for Real - I bought this a few weeks back and I have several friends urging me to pick it up NOW.
Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back, Deluxe Edition

2. The Freedom Writers Diary - I went to a conference at the beginning of the month and one of the keynote speakers was Erin Gruwell, the determined teacher in the book. Her speech brought me to tears  and inspired me to be a better teacher. I can't wait to read this. I bought the book immediately after her speech. It's waiting on me to pick it up.
The Freedom Writers Diary : How a Teacher and 150 Teens Used Writing to Change Themselves and the World Around Them

3. Through My Eyes - I bought this book as a Dirty Santa gift and Heath was determined it was coming back home with us. Luckily, we "played our cards right" and ended up with it. He finished it a few weeks ago and loved it so now it's my turn. Yes, we are Tim Tebow fans.
Through My Eyes

4. Steve Jobs - My step mom is reading this book and promised it to me as soon as she is finished. He was such an interesting, brilliant man. I can't wait to learn more about him!
Steve Jobs

5. The Vow - I just learned that this is a true story so before I watch the movie, which I heard was fabulous, I want to read the book.
The Vow: The True Events that Inspired the Movie

6. The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts - I have several friends who have read this and highly recommend it. This is definitely a book I would love to read with the hubby!
The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts 

7. The Purpose Driven Life - This was a book that is highly recommended by several of my friends from Bible study. I think they read this book this past year and loved it. I am sure it is fabulous!
The Purpose Driven® Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?

8. The Fourth Stall - I am always looking for books to recommend to my students. Our school librarian and the girl I Nanny for both said this book was great. Hopefully, I can get around to buying and reading it so I can share it with my students.
The Fourth Stall

9. Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site - This little book looks precious. I think Westin would love it. It might just find its way in his Easter basket.
Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Site

10. What else should I add to the bed side table stack??


Linking up...

Top Ten Tuesday at Many Little Blessings

1 comment:

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

My husband has been wanting to read the Steve Jobs book too. But, his school reading keeps him so busy (poor guy).