Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Little Better...

AR had a much better day today. She has kept me up for 3 straight nights and this morning she and I cried together because mommy is so tired. I have probably slept 6 hours in 3 nights because AR is so restless from coughing. At about 4:00 this morning, with two crying females in his bed, Daddy decided he was taking over. He and AR went to the living room to watch cartoons so Mommy could at least get 2 good hours of sleep before going to intern. Boy, those were the best 2 hours of sleep I have ever gotten. Before I left this morning, I gave her another dose of antibiotic, hoping it would ease her discomfort a little for the rest of the day. At 4:00 this afternoon, I called to check on AR and let Jennifer know I was on my way to pick her up. I just knew Jennifer was going to have an awful report for me but I was wrong. AR slept really well today. She even got in a 2 hour nap. She also ate 2 jars of baby food and drank her first 6 ounce bottle in 3 days. She was full of energy and smiles and was a wonderful baby all day! Also, the raspy, congestion sound in her chest is not near as bad as it was yesterday. She is only coughing when she's asleep but it's not bad enough to keep her awake. I really hope this antibiotic keeps working. I am going to go ahead and make a doctors appointment for Friday, even if AR is better. I just want to make sure she is improving as expected and don't want to take any chances in catching pneumonia. Tomorrow she will take her 3rd of 5 doses of antibiotic so hopefully tomorrow we will see even better improvements! I will update tomorrow...

3 comments:

Diana Catherine said...

I'm glad Ava Reese is doing better, my mom used to elevate us a little bit when we were sleeping and had a cough. And it keeps them from coughing so much because that nasty congestion isn't sitting there. Maybe it will work, I still do it to this day. Hope she gets much better. Love you!

Sherree said...

I am glad to hear that AR is doing better.

Cassie Fields said...

good for her and you! it is terrible when they feel so bad!