
Yesterday, Heath and I took AR to the doctor to get her 4 month vaccinations. Of course, they told us that she will probably be irritable for about 3 days and could possibly run a low grade temp. Last night she was definitely irritable and after a few minutes of pitching an absolute fit, she cried herself to sleep at about 10:00 pm and didn't wake up till 8:30 this morning. Daddy and AR spend the day together and when I called in to check on things, I was told that we had one irritable baby. Heath thought she seem to be running a fever and I reminded him that it was normal considering it had been less than 24 hours since she had her shots. When I got home this evening I checked her temp. which was 101.6. I freaked out! They told me a low grade temp but that didn't seem to be very low so I called Dr. Goldblatt's after hours nurse who, after asking a few questions to verify, assured me that she was fine and to continue giving her Tylenol and maybe substitute a cold bottle of water for a formula bottle if she doesn't want to eat! So after a nice warm bath, lathered up in lotion, dressed in nice clean jammies, a dose of Tylenol, a bottle, and an episode of Blue's Clues, AR dosed off to sleep pretty easily. Hopefully tomorrow she will feel better.... Those mean ol' stupid shots.

1 comment:
Awe poor thing, shots are terrible! Hope she gets to feeling better soon!
Post a Comment