Monday, February 16, 2009

What's Been Going On....

Our little family has had a crazy, yet exciting month so far. I decided since I haven't updated very much this month, I would do so now since I am sitting on the couch on a Monday doing absolutely nothing because I am out of school today ;) AR has amazed us so much these past few days. Last Saturday, AR and I spent the day with Alston and his mommy, Beth. Beth and I took the babies to Target to have their 4 month pictures taken! We had them done individually and then together!
Check them out....

Aren't they the two cutest babies you have ever seen?

Although they are going to be the best of friends, these two babies are polar opposites. They have completely different personalities! However, I do believe opposites attract {Heath and I are also polar opposites} so we will see how that goes as they get older! I can't wait to see them grow up together! Alston is already rolling over and I have been telling AR that she needs to watch him so she can learn how to do it! Well, she finally did it, after watching Alston. AR not only rolled over from her belly to her back for the first time while we were at Alston's house, she also sat up all by herself. She rolls over all the time now but she hasn't sat up all by herself again. She was just giving us a sneak preview of what's to come ;) AR can now also roll over from her back to her belly. She did it yesterday while playing in the floor with her toys. She was reaching for her new mirror and rolled right on over! She did it a few more times yesterday while we were at Pops and JiJi's so I think we're finally mastering the rolling over stage. She still has some work to do, like figuring out what to do with her arms {they get stuck underneath her and she gets really mad when she can't lift herself up off the floor} but she is doing so well! I am so proud of her! We are still loving the baby food! She still isn't crazy about any of the fruits but Mimi bought a jar of Stage 2 baby food that was a mix of Oatmeal, Bananas, and Pears and she tore it up. We will definitely have to buy more of that so she can eat it for breakfast. The thought of giving her veggies for breakfast makes me nauseous so she just hasn't been eating baby food for breakfast. However, thanks to Mimi, that problem has been solved. She does still love her veggies! Not only does she still love the green beans, she also enjoys the carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash. I tried sweet peas but she wasn't too impressed. I bought lots more for her to try this week so we will see how she does with them. AR is turning into a little chunk since we started feeding her baby food. She can eat almost a whole jar of baby food and drink a 6 oz bottle in one feeding. Not only is she eating a lot, she also has been sleeping more than normal. I am assuming she is going through a growth spurt! So there is an update on Miss Priss. Other than having a nasty cold this weekend, she has been such a joy!

Now to Mommy and Daddy. I will start teaching full days this week. I have been teaching all subjects except for Math, but this week, I will completely take over. I have a tough group of students who need some extra TLC but they are wonderful! The feeling I get when I see a look of understanding on their face is unexplainable. That look is why I want to be a teacher so bad. Graduation is only a few more weeks away. I am worried about being able to find a job. I heard that Shelby County is cutting lots of jobs and probably won't even consider new teachers till late June because of Pro ration. We'll just have to see! Heath is still waiting to get the go on his new job opportunity. Hopefully we will hear more about it in a few weeks. Right now, we are enjoying every minute we have with Daddy because if he does get the opportunity to take this job, we won't get to spend near as much time with him as we do now! Please, just keep our little family in your prayers as new and exciting opportunities and changes come into our lives.

Have a wonderful week.

3 comments:

Nana said...

OMG... those pictures are too freakin' cute!! I love the update and I love y'all :)

Anonymous said...

can i just say... how precious are those babies!!! wow! i hope you got my email... idk why it wouldnt let me just leave you a comment... anyways congrats on teaching full days! yah for may!!!! :)

Cassie Fields said...

Those pictures are adorable, two cutie pies! AR is getting so big and more precious as the days roll on! I'll be praying for you all that both jobs work out fine. You seem to love teaching and I'm sure you find something easily!