Thursday, March 12, 2009

Look Out Spring Break, Here I Come...

Yes! Spring Break for Shelby County schools start next week and since I am an intern for Chelsea Intermediate School, I also have Spring Break next week! I have lots of things to get caught up on so it really won't be much of a vacation for me. I would say that at least I will get to sleep in but, nope, probably not that either. I am going to start Spring cleaning this weekend! We are cleaning up and cleaning out at the Waldrop house. The clutter has got to go! We decided that one way to save money was to take our things out of storage so we don't have to pay storage room fees. Therefore, we have more clutter. I also want to get my cabinets and closets cleaned out. I have been asking Heath to build selves in my cabinets so I don't have things piled on top of each other but I haven't received those yet. Hopefully I can get sweet hubby to get on that this weekend!! I also want to get around and visit some family. I haven't seen much of my grandmother or my parents/siblings since I started my internship so that is on the top of my list also. One other thing I am planning on doing is getting AR's 5 month pictures taken. I know I get her pictures made a lot but I don't spend much money on them. For the first year of her life, I like having a portrait of each month. I usually find a place that is having a sale and just go there!! Her newborn, 3 month, 6 month, 9 month, and 1 year portraits I spend a little more money on, but not on the ones in between. So, in between doing all of this, I also have to work for a couple of days, get caught back up on bills {how do full time employees find time to pay there bills and deposit money in the bank? - I am having a hard time with this}, and write a Poetry Unit for school! Not much of a vacation, huh? My #1 priority, however, is to spend some good, quality time with AR and Daddy. I have 1 week to catch up on lots of hugs and kisses ;)
I can't wait!

Speaking of cleaning out our storage room, look what I found! It is a whole bunch of 6-9 month clothes for AR that I put in storage and completely forgot about. It was like hitting the jackpot when I came across them! There are so many cute clothes, from pant/sweater sets to summer dresses! She is good on clothes for a while!!

Moving on..last night I went to dinner with a couple of girlfriends of mine and they ask me this question that I have been asked a few times by people who don't see me often but do frequently read my blog: Do you call Ava Reese AR in real life? So I am here to clear that up. I DO NOT call her AR in real life. I adore her name and would never shorten it nor call her anything else but Ava Reese. I just call her AR on the computer because as many times as I mention her in every post, it's just easier to type AR....just in case you were wondering.

Speaking of AR...Look at these HILARIOUS jammies. I got them as a baby shower gift from my MawMaw and Aunt Paula. They are the cutest, ugliest jammies I have ever seen. My favorite part is the hat. If you can't read it, they say Little Baby Big Attitude. So Ava Reese...

Till next time...LOVE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yah for spring break!!! remember the days when you got to go to the beach and be care free for a week? i don't so much remember either... but hey... it's our last spring break in our college careers! yah for that!!

good luck on the cleaning and organizing.. if you need some help.. or someone to entertain your precious child while you clean :) i am off all day tuesday and thursday.. seriously just call me and i will be happy to help!

Taz + Belly said...

I've been meaning to comment since you wrote this. Paying bills on time or in an orderly fashion doesn't get any better with a full time job, I promise! It is one of the things I struggle with the most. Even when my bank account is full, it is finding the time to fit it in that is the hardest.

Good luck and HAVE FUN on Spring Break. I'm so jealous :).