Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring Break: Day 7

I was reading Kelly's blog a couple of days ago and she really made me realize that there are many things in my life I should give thanks for. Instead of focusing on the negative, there are so many things I can praise Him for! Even though our daughter still wakes up in the middle of the night, my husband tracks in dirt on the carpet after I just vacuumed it, I waited till after the deadline to try to order my cap and gown for graduation, and our power bill is OUTRAGEOUS this month, there are LOTS things I am praising Him for today:

Praise: That even though AR woke up at 1:30, 4:30, and 7:00, she did wake up so I can enjoy another wonderful day with her!

Praise: Today is the first day of spring which means more days of sunny, warm weather to come!

Praise: I have a wonderful, helpful husband who loves me dearly!

Praise: I have happy, healthy parents who adore our little family and would do anything for us.

Praise: I had the opportunity to get a wonderful college education and will be graduating in less than two months..Oh..and Montevallo ordered extra caps and gowns for people like me.

Praise: My Memaw's birthday is today and I am so glad AR has had the opportunity to meet all of her great grandparents.

Praise: We still have our jobs, a home to live in, money to pay our power bill, and plenty of food in the pantry!

Therefore, we should count or blessing everyday! We have lots to give Him praise for!!

4 comments:

Sue said...

WHAT A GREAT POST! I read Kelley's blog too. We all should praise more and gripe less...we forget our blessings.

Jen said...

ashley she is getting so big!!! just precious!!! we need to find some time to get together for lunch and talk mommy talk! or shop, i can do that too!

Anonymous said...

I didn't order my cap and gown either! What are you going to do?

Ashley W said...

The bookstore ordered extra so I am going to call them first thing Monday morning to tell them I want one of the extras