When we got home Christmas night a sudden rush of anxiety hit me, to be honest. We had a car load full of gifts, a pile of unwrapped gifts sitting in the garage after unloading them that morning to have room in the car, and a living room scattered with more. I know our children are loved by many but the amount of things they get is ridiculous. We decided to just leave it all where it was and start fresh the next morning. I slept in and decided my mood could go one of two ways--I could either get up in a bad mood, complain about the mess and put the entire family in a sour mood OR I could get up and make the most out of my 2 weeks off, even if that meant my house being a constant mess. I chose the second option but I would be lying if I said I never got frustrated.
We finally got everything put in its spot and enjoyed the rest of our break...
...riding the bicycle and the 4 wheelers!
checking out PawPaw's buck
eating yummy Mac N Cheese and having a lot of "look at me" moments
watching Dora from the hamper..
finding 8's in our Fruit Loops and loving on bed heads after long naps!
All good things must come to an end, however -- Mommy had to get us all readjusted to our regular schedule and go back to work. Fun times and great memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment