I am very anxious to get the remaining Christmas posts composed and published. I plan on doing most of them tonight. Before I get to those, however, I wanted to share something I had on my mind.
Resolutions: Last year I had all of these big ideas for the new year and some I stuck with, most I didn't. 2011 was a great year for us but I think I've just decided that resolutions are somewhat unrealistic for me to stick to. However, I of course want to start the new year off with goals to work towards and a yearly plan to work through.
One thing I am really going to work on this year is
myself. As I look back on the year, I feel like I had some issues that kept me grumpy and distant. One way I really think I can improve my mood is to:
 |
| I went to PF Changs the other night for my sister's birthday dinner and this is the message I got out of my fortune cookie. |
Over-promising and under-delivering is something I struggle with. I always want to try to make everyone happy and usually end up stretching myself and our schedule very thin. I really need to learn to do what's best for me and my family and not constantly worry about what will make everyone else happy. Doing this will give me opportunities to "over-deliver." I can be a better friend, a better daughter, a better sister, a better mother, and a better wife. That, in return, would make me more....congenial, I think!
We shall see!
Happy New Year!
1 comment:
So true of me as well. I will be focusing on myself and my little fam a lot more in 2012
Post a Comment