Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

Life in these parts has been somewhat crazy...as always. We have a lot going on but nothing exciting enough to share on a daily basis. So, here are a few things we have been up to and a few things that have been on my mind.

1. There are some things I wish I could go back and re-do with AR. Bedtime is one of them.

Getting her to fall asleep in her own bed has always been an issue. She has a precious room, a new bed, and a room full of things she loves. However, she begs, cries, and pleads to sleep in our bed. For the past three years, on and off, we have allowed it...{i know, i know, i know...don't judge} On Sunday afternoon, the little Stinker and I had a long talk and at bedtime, which is now 7:45, we read 2 books, gave lots of hugs and kisses and to my surprise she went to sleep with very little fight. I am happy to say that she has fallen asleep and slept in her bed all night every night this week!!!! You know, it's just like with potty training. When I had it in my mind to stick with it, it wasn't really as mad as I imagined it would be. I have realized that a lot of what I blame on AR is really just me not putting forth the time and effort.
Lesson learned.
Mission Accomplished!
Check!

2. "When your kids are grown up, you will not look back and wish you had spent more time cleaning house."

And yet, this is something I stress over on a daily basis. Before babies, I kept a clean house. I didn't always make my bed every morning and I was guilty of having too many junk drawers but the dishes were always washed, laundry never piled up, and everything had a ... spot. These days, there is no way in the world I would let someone randomly come in my house. It always looks like a disaster, even after it was just cleaned.Toys are randomly scattered in each room of the house, laundry is always piled up and the clean laundry is never put away, and I am so guilty of going to bed with dirty dishes in the sink. I know I try, I know the To-Do list is far longer than the amount of time I have in each day, but it bothers me. Deeply.

3. New Recipes

I am not a big meatloaf fan at all but it is one of Heath's favorite meals. I found a meatloaf recipe a few days ago and decided to try it. FABULOUS! It's a must try and a keeper for us! I think the brown sugar is the difference maker. I also found this that I will probably try tomorrow and this on Pinterest that I know Heath is going to love!!

4. Crazy Love

Heath and I were able to work out our schedules for me to attend a Bible Study on Wednesday nights with a group of teacher friends and a few other girlfriends. We are reading Crazy Love and although I have only made it through the first 2 chapters, all I can say at this point is "Ouch." I really needed this book at this point in my life! Highly recommended but brutally blunt -- which I need!

5. Lungs and tubes

Westin is scheduled for tubes at the end of the month. I am excited and very optimistic that we will see a world of difference. As I said before, Westin has had some pretty bad respiratory issues the past few months, therefore our pediatrician is adamant that Westin's lungs are "healthy" and "clear" before the procedure. Right now his lungs are fine. However, he is extremely congested from a sinus infection and chest cold that he's had a hard time fighting off. We're praying for healthy lungs and no delay!

I think that is all the random rambling I will do tonight. I better stop now or I will be up all night!


 I can't end a post without a precious picture of my Littles! --



1 comment:

Allison said...

I feel like I could have been the author of part 2 and I think I will also try the meatloaf. It sounds delicious! Also, I really want to read Crazy Love because I know I need it right now as well. I need a little revival in my faith walk.
I'm praying for Westin's lungs as well. I really hope that the tubes help him a great deal to stay healthy and happy.
Thanks or sharing your random thoughts!!