For about 3 years, I have had this old shutter that my grandmother found and gave to me. It's made its way around the house but it just hasn't found a good home yet. I haven't found just the right place for it. Well I was looking at a few blogs this morning, trying to get some good decorating/crafting/scrapbooking ideas because I have so many "hidden treasures" that I just don't quit know what to do with yet. Well, I came across Angie at The Happy Homebody. She has some really cute ideas but one that caught my eye was her Hallway Shutter and Stickers on Plates blog. Check it out...it's a really cute idea. Well I have decide that I am going to use her idea but tweak it a little. I have been trying to figure out a cute way to hang Ava Reese's letters of her name above her bed. I really didn't want to just hang the wooden letters up there. I wanted to do something a little different. So, what I think I am going to do is paint the shutter and attach the letters to the shutter and then attach hooks to the shutter so I can hang a few picture frames and a couple of crosses that I have for her with ribbon. I will post the finished project when I am done! I hope it turns out as cute as I have it in my mind! We'll see!
Pregnacy update: I went to the doctor today for my 38 week check up and sadly I am still at 2 1/2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I haven't progressed any since last week. The doctor did say that if Miss Ava Reese hasn't made her appearance by my next doctors appointment, which is next Thursday (October 2), then he will set up a day to induce. So she will be here by her due date, which is October 6, if she doesn't decide to come before!
2 comments:
I can't wait to see how it turns out. I am wanting to do something with Rylan's initials but I haven't decided yet.
That is going to be so cute! Great idea, you muct post some pics when it's finished!
Post a Comment