Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sleepless and 9 months preggo

So, lately I have been very interested in blogging because a couple of people I know have started doing it. I have heard of blogs before and I know it's kind of a "big" thing right now but I have never really payed much attention to it until now. I told someone the other day that I really loved reading their blog because it was so funny but I didn't think I was ready to start blogging myself because my life just doesn't seem that interesting. All of these other blogs I read are so great and their lives seem so interesting and fun. Who would want to read about my life? To be perfectly honest, to me my life seems a bit ordinary and somewhat boring at times. However, starting a blog has really been on my mind lately. I have been contemplating it for a few days now and have decided that I am going to try it and see how I like it. So here is why I have decided to blog: 1). It seems like the cool thing to do! (not the best reason but I'm just being honest) 2). I might have some good stuff to write about considering my life is about to get really interesting with a new addition to our family coming any day now. 3). I am 9 months pregnant and can not sleep at night. I really need something to do while I lie awake at night watching my husband and dog sleep so peacefully. So here it is...my blog!

Pregnancy...I really always thought that I would be the kind of person who would love being pregnant. First of all, I love children and have always said that I want a big family one day. I am one of 4 and our family gatherings are never boring. Also, overall, I am a pretty healthy person. I have never had any major health problems other than a little anxiety (knock on wood) so I always figured I would have a smooth sailing pregnancy. So when I found out I was pregnant, I really had no worries and was really looking forward to this amazing experience. As I expected, my first trimester was wonderful. No morning sickness, No nausea, No hormonal mood swings! How perfect could this pregnancy be. Other than gaining more weight than I really wanted/expected to, my pregnancy experience couldn't get any better. 2nd Trimester: Mommy and Baby are doing perfectly. Mommy has been a little hormonal/moody but that is to be expected. Again, how awesome could pregnancy be! 3rd Trimester: Pregnancy sucks! So this is the time of pregnancy women talk about when they tell you their horror stories of being pregnant and then tell you how awful their labor was (like that is what you want to hear when your pregnant). So during these last few weeks of my pregnancy, I have dealt with a little bit of everything. It all started when I started having REAL contraction at 31 weeks. I went into the hospital and was given a shot to stop them. I then went back into the hospital at 33 weeks with kidney stones and contractions. I eventually passed the kidney stone (which is by far the worst pain I have ever felt in my life therefore help me God when I go into labor) and was given 2 more shots to stop the contractions. Now I am dealing with swollen feet (I no longer have ankles. I think they are what my husband calls cankles. Cankles is when you can't tell the difference between your calf and your ankle, therefore you have cankles). I have also been dealing with this "womanly infection" you get for no other reason than the fact that your pregnant. I also have this sharp pain in my hip that runs down my leg because my child seems to be sitting (I would say jumping) on a nerve. I have to use the bathroom, I am not kidding, every 3o minutes because Miss Ava Reese sleeps, jumps, sits, does cartwheels on my bladder. But the worst thing is I can't sleep. I have this massive belly in my way, therefore it is impossible for me to get comfortable. If for some reason I do get comfortable and doze off, I of course will be woken up because I have to go pee! It's so not fun. To top it off, I have a husband who seems to be sleeping very well and a dog that doesn't seem to be having any problem herself. So hear I am, it is now 12:23 am and I am still up. I have to say that this blogging thing really does pass the time by. I do have to say that even though these last few weeks for me have been extremely uncomfortable and, at times, down right miserable, it is all worth it. I am so thankful that God has decided to bless Heath and I with the gift of a child.

Here are a few pictures taken of me by April Hollingsworth Photography at 36 weeks!

3 comments:

pwallace said...

Hey Ashley,
Just trying to figure this out. Also I wanted to make sure you knew that there is nothing ordinary about your life. I know that you feel ordinarily fat right now, but your are very extordinary and just the one fact that you are bringing a child into the world that is loved sooo much already is proof. Keep at keeping us straight.
A mom you loves you.

Ashley W said...

Thanks mom! I love you!

April Hollingsworth said...

Hey, don't worry. As long as you get a good anethesiologist (spelling?) you will feel no pain! Don't listen to all the horror stories. I'll tell you my story after Ava arrives.