Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pulling Weeds

With Heath being out of town during the week, I'm finding it harder to get outside and take care of the flower beds. I have been trying to take care of them when I put AR down for her evening nap, but some days I just don't get around to it. This week, I began loading her up in her stroller in the evenings and taking her outside with me.Now that I am taking her with me, I have been able to spend a little bit more time outside and not rushing to get everything done before she wakes up. I have been needing to pull weeds out of the flower beds for a while now so I got around to doing that this evening while I watered. As I was pulling weeds I began to think to myself that just a little work and up keeping makes all the difference in the world. The flower beds look so much better. Then it hit me. The same goes with our life. If I would take the time to pull weeds from my life, my life would be much more enjoyable. Sometimes we let those "pesty" weeds, such as debt, addictions, weight, and bad influences take over our flower bed and prevent it from being beautiful and everything we imagined. This is something Heath and I have been focusing on the past few months. We both have new jobs and big dreams but our MAIN goal in life is to live debt free. Between us both, we have accumulated a little bit of debt {a controllable amount} and plan to have it completely paid off by the end of the year!! Debt is a weed we decided to take control of before it got out of hand and decided it is a way of life we do not want to live. We will still build our dream house and drive the cars we want but we will wait and save for it. My little cousins, Buddy and Eden, have the best saying: "Credit Cards are evil." They hear this a lot from their Dad who got us started on following Dave Ramsey and living debt free. We decided together to live like no one else so we can live like no one else! It's a way of life we want this little one to follow :)However, Heath and I together, as well as personally, have other weeds in our life that we need to work on pulling. Don't get me wrong, we have a beautiful life and are very happy but it could be so much better if we would work harder at accomplishing goals and jumping hurdles. This is something I am going to begin working on! I want and am going to live with as few weeds in my flower bed as possible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ashley... This is an awesome post and wonderful words of advice!