Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Weekend

Well I wasn't expecting to do too much this weekend because Daddy told me he wasn't going to be able to come home this weekend. However, he called me at 4:30 Friday evening and told me he was, in fact, coming home. I was thrilled! I've pretty much gotten use to him being gone during the week but I really didn't want to have to go 2 full weeks without seeing him. Since Daddy got in so late Friday night after working all day we were very lazy Saturday morning. We laid on the couch most of the afternoon and watched Extreme Makeover Home Edition, had pizza, wings and Mt. Dew for lunch, and laughed at AR playing in her toy box. We finally got up and got ready to go to Beth and Patrick's to play! Alston wasn't there but AR did get to play with baby Jaylen. It's so funny to watch AR communicate and play with other children. I can already tell that AR and Jaylen are going to go rounds when they get older. They were so mean to each other. They wanted to play so bad but AR would pick on Jaylen and try to take her toys and Jaylen would pull AR's hair. It was so funny. When AR plays with Alston, they are so passive. One will take a toy from the other but they just get over it. Not these two girls. Karen and I are going to have our hands full with them. Sunday I let Daddy sleep in since he had a long ride ahead of him. AR woke us up screaming about 4:00 am because she had a tummy ache so I've been up washing Daddy's clothes and getting him ready to go since then. When Daddy finally got up, we went by my classroom to show him the progress, stopped by Nana's to visit, and then went to lunch. AR's new favorite finger foods is french fries so she happily sat and munched on them but spent most of the time turned around watching the people behind her. She is so nosey.

We had to say our goodbyes to Daddy but look forward to spending time with him next weekend!

1 comment:

The Williamson's said...

I was so happy to see that AR is wearing a pair of the shoes I gave her in her shoe basket in that picture of she and Jaylen playing. I'm glad she can wear them. :)