9 MONTHS...
It's so hard to believe I brought my baby girl into the world 9 months ago but what a 9 months it's been. I have watched her grow, develop, and change right before my eyes and I wouldn't trade a minute of it! She is such an amazing child and so full of personality. I love her more than anything!
So at 9 months old, what is AR doing?
- She is all over the place on her hands and knees. She's quick and very sneaky!
- She's furniture surfing at this point but is way to scared to let go. If she wasn't so scared, I would say she would start walking soon but I think she'll be closer to a year before she walks. She's perfectly content just pulling up and holding on.
- She has 4 teeth and 1 on the way {it has barely broke the surface}
- She is a Mommy's girl. If I am in her sight then I am who she wants. She has become very clingy and will wrap her little arms around my neck and hang on tight.
- She's still wearing mostly 6 to 9 month clothing. There are a few 12 month outfits she can wear but not many. She is also still in size 3 diapers. Not much change there.
- We have found out that she is a very picky eater. There are only a few types of baby food she will eat. However, she would much rather snack than eat baby food. She loves her puffs and yogurt bites.
- She gives good kisses. You can say "Ava Reese, give me kisses" and she will lean in and give you one! It's so sweet.
- She has been sleeping in her own bed for most of the month. We still put her down without a bottle for naps and bedtime and let her go to sleep on her own. She has gotten a little better but still fights going to sleep for about 10 minutes.
- She doesn't like dogs of any kind. She doesn't mind looking at them but she doesn't want to touch them or hear them bark.
- She is so nosey. She always has her little neck stuck out listening and watching. She gets it honestly :)
- She's developed a bad little temper that we are going to have to get control of. She will clinch her fist really tight and just scream. Grr
- She's eating more and more table food. She eats much better if we feed her what we are eating. Her favorite is french fries!
- She's gotten where she will sit and play by herself. She crawls right up to her toy box and plays and rambles. I love to watch her.
- She still loves water. Put her in the bath or the pool and she is one happy baby!
We had her 9 month check up this morning and found out that she now weighs 17lbs and 4 oz and is 29 inches long. Percentage wise, she is in the 90th percentile in height and 25-30th on weight.
I have been really concerned about her appetite so the doctor told me to go ahead and take away her bottle. So now I am going to start giving her formula in a sippy cup and hopefully since its a little more difficult for her to drink from a sippy cup, she will have more of an appetite to eat food. The doctor is not at all concerned with her weight and thinks she is just going to be a tall and lean child. He said she is very healthy and we should have no concerns at this point :) YAY!
AR did get 2 shots and a prick in the foot while at the doctor. She spent most of the time at the doctors office crying.
She now recognizes Dr. Goldblatt and as soon as he touches her, she screams. She had to be held down by 2 nurses just so he could check her ears. I told her she was not allowed to beat up her doctor...That's a rule! He put her on an antibiotic for her runny nose but said she was fine! No major sickness, mainly just teething! After we left the doctors office we ran by Kohl's and she was all smiles. She wasn't too traumatized by the whole experience.
{She's showing me her boo boo}
I'm looking forward to the weekend. We don't really have anything planned for the 4th but I'm sure we will have fun doing whatever. Daddy is coming in tomorrow night or Friday morning so we are looking forward to cuddle time with him before he leaves again on Sunday!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
1 comment:
make that baby stop crying that breaks my heart!!! i hope you enjoyed the novel of an email i sent you :)
Post a Comment