Sunday, July 5, 2009

Teething and Weaning

This weekend AR was a little more fussy than normal. I told Daddy that this is the worst teething experience we’ve had so far. The drooling, low grade fever, dirty diapers, and major fits have been much worse this go which is surprising because I thought she was only cutting one tooth. However, we noticed on Saturday that she is in fact cutting 2 teeth, one on each side of her front bottom teeth. No wonder she’s miserable. AR has never been one for the cold teething rings because they make her hands cold but I decided to try again this go around and see if she would use them. She loves them. I can sit her in the floor with a frozen teething ring and she will sit in one spot and chew on it until it thaws out. Thank goodness for teething rings. I am going to start weaning her off the bottle this week. Last week, after I left the doctor, I decided to wait to start weaning her off at the beginning of a new week because the weekends always throw us off. I think I am going to only give her a bottle in the morning’s right when she wakes up {about 6:00} and one right before she goes to bed. I did give her fewer bottles last week and I could already see an appetite increase. I think this is going to work!
Have a wonderful week!

No comments: