Wednesday, October 15, 2008

2 weeks old

At 6:45 this morning Ava Reese turned two weeks old. It's so hard to believe that much time has already gone by. To be honest, it scares the heck out of me. Before I know it, I'll be planning a birthday party. We celebrated the big day with a "fun" trip to the pediatrician. Baby girl is growing like a weed. She now weighs 8 lbs and has grown a 1/4" in length. The doctor said she is as healthy as she can be. We go back in two months so she can get her first round of vaccines. Mommy is not looking forward to that.
She sleeps so peacefully after 2 long hours of fighting sleep. I have never seen a 2 week old fight sleep but my daughter does. Her daddy has spoiled her rotten by rocking her to sleep in her pumpkin seat when she fights it but Mommy doesn't play that game. I am trying to prevent the start of any bad habits. It took 2 hours but she finally dosed off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful :)