Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tummy ache.GAP.moo moo

Well I'm a little late getting a post written but better late than never. Right now I am curled up in the bed with my laptop because I have a tummy ache. I am expecting Ava Reese to wake up in the next 45 minutes to eat and then go back to sleep and then off to sleep I will go also.

Today I got to do something that I have wanted to do for months..I went shopping for real clothes..not maternity clothes =) Heath and I decided to head to Inverness today because Heath needed to pick up some last minute hunting items (FYI- tomorrow is a holiday in our house because it is the opening day of bow hunting season). I talked Heath into heading up to the Summit for a trip into Gap. I think I tried on every pair of pants in the store and realized that I don't think I am ready to buy pants yet. Maybe in a few weeks! I did buy a couple of shirts though. It was SOOOO very exciting. I hated maternity clothes and actually started packing them up a few weeks before I delivered.

When we got home, Ava Reese needed a diaper change. Before Ava Reese was born, Heath had never changed a diaper. The whole time I was pregnant he always told me he didn't think he was going to be able to change dirty diapers, especially a little girls. However, since Ava Reese has been born, he has changed a many dirty diapers. Today she gave daddy a good one. I have never laughed so hard when Heath was changing this diaper. I kept telling him to make sure he wiped her good! He looked at me with the most serious face and said "Ashley, I don't know what to do, it's all in her moo moo". I don't think I need to explain what he means by a moo moo. I still haven't stopped laughing! Poor Daddy! (This was probably inappropriate to share but I thought it was just too funny not to!)

4 comments:

Cassie Fields said...

Oh how cute! Bama was terrified of the diaper changing thing too at first! Tell hime soon it will be 2nd nature to him! I just love reading all your new parenting adventures it brings back so many great memories for me! Thanks,

Jen said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS!! I WALKED IN ON GAVIN ONE DAY CHANGING MACK'S DIAPER WITH A PAINTERS MASK ON!!! DADDYS ARE FUNNY!!! ALSO GO MOMMA FOR GETTING NEW CLOTHES!! IT TOOK ME A YEAR BEFORE I WOULD BUY ANYTHING! I WAS TERRIFIED!!

PS. I'M WITH YOU ON BOW SEASON! GAVIN GOT A NEW BOW THIS YEAR AND THAT'S BEEN THE TALK OF THE HOUSE FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW!!! BOYS AND THEIR TOYS!!

Shelley said...

Do not get worried about fitting into your clothes. Any one who has ever had a baby knows it takes time to fit back into you clothes. It might take some time but Ava Reece was well worth it. She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Ashley, that is the funniest thing I have ever heard! I can just see Heath's face when he said it. Thanks for sharing...