Sunday, October 5, 2008
We're Home!
We finally made it home yesterday morning. Although we were excited to get Miss Ava Reese home, we had a really hard time adjusting. I had a couple of break downs last night but after we finally got everything unpacked and organized, I was fine. Ava Reese is a wonderful baby. She feeds about every 4 hours and only fusses when she's hungry. We have to remind ourselves to check for diaper changes because she doesn't let us know she has a dirty diaper. She is a very content baby but she does have her days and nights mixed up. Starting about 3:00 AM she decides she is ready to be awake for a while. From 3:00 to about 7:00 AM she doesn't like to sleep. Last night I gave her a supplemental bottle instead of just breast milk and she slept from 4:00 AM until 9:00 AM. Needless to say, when I feed her tonight before bed, I will be giving her a supplemental bottle. Hopefully this will get us on track so Mommy and Daddy can get a little more sleep! Here are a few pictures of us coming home. I had her a really cute outfit picked out to bring her home in but she pooped all over it before we ever left the hospital. Daddy is still working on those diaper changing techniques. Anyway, she ended up coming home in her Alabama outfit, which was appropriate with is being Saturday and game day. She was still cute and Daddy was excited that his choice of clothing got picked after all.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well, she looks perfect in her Bama gear! and you already sound like a pro, good for you on making those adjustments. I was so nervous and feared my motherly instincts would not come in but they did and I have worn them out since.
Ashley! Didn't know you have a blog! I will have to add you to our list of blogs we read! Ava Reese is BEAUTIFUL! i know yall are excited. look forward to reading more about your journey through mommyhood! :)
Magen (Hewlett) Davis
Your blog updates aren't showing up on mine. I thought I added you! Well, anyway...if you want some tips on getting her to know her nights and days correctly, let me know. Check out the book "Baby Wise" or order "Preparation for Parenting - Studen Workbook" at http://www.gfi.org/java/jsp/cust_store.jsp
It has made our lives to easy! They are basically the same book, but the latter one is Christian based.
Post a Comment