Thursday, October 2, 2008

She is here!

So the contractions were not false. At about 2:00 am Wednesday morning, Heath and I went to Labor and Delivery and I was 5 cm dilated and 85% effaced. After being admitted into our room I was offered an epideral which did not go very well. The epideral made my heart rate jump up really high and it made Ava Reese's heart rate drop to the 70's. I was rushed into surgery at 6:40 am to have an emergency c-section and Ava Reese was born at 6:46. Even though her heart rate dropped and she was pretty much ripped out of me, she is a perfect 7lb 6oz baby girl who is 20 1/2 inches long. I ended up having her on my birthday which was the best present my husband or God could have ever given me. She is the best thing that has ever happened to us! We will come home on Saturday but until then I will share a few hospital pictures that have been taken!

3 comments:

Taz + Belly said...

She is gorgeous! I am so happy that you're blogging from the hospital. When you didn't post yesterday I figured you must be at the hospital. I called Josh many times to ask if he'd heard from Patrick or Heath. FINALLY, today he called somebody. I'm glad to be the first blogger to offer congratulations... and Happy Birthday! Your life will never be the same. Savor every solitary second. I have a little something for you when you finally get home :).

Cassie Fields said...

She is a very pretty baby! Love the bow! Congratulations to you both and we wish you the very best!

Sherree said...

Congratulations, I am glad that everthing os okay. She is adorable.