Thursday, November 13, 2008

6 week update

Ava Reese is now 6 weeks old (I know..it is hard to believe). She is growing so fast right before our eyes. Everyday, I am amazed by her!

She now smiles really big when she gets excited (especially when she sees her mommy or when mommy talks to her). She loves it when I tell her her poopy stinks...shooo weee!!

She also is developing her own little personality. She can be so sweet and just melt your heart when she is satisfied but as soon as she is hungry, hot, cold, gassy, etc. she is little terror! We love her either way and she is SPOILED ROTTEN!

She now weighs almost 12 lb and is getting so long. I think she might be tall and thin like her mommy..I hope so.. Any of you who know daddy knows that he is a little on the short and stumpy side..but we still love him.... VERY much!

This week I started feeding her mostly formula. I had been supplementing breast milk with formula but it made her tummy hurt and she was having a hard time going to the bathroom but now I am supplementing formula with breast milk twice a day (so she is still getting the nutrients she needs from the breast milk) and she is a much happier baby! She sleeps so good now and even when she is awake she is very pleasant!

**Mommy update** Yesterday I went for my postpartum check up and everything is going great! My incision from my C-Section is healing nicely (it's going to be a nice scar)! They weighed me and I am very pleased with my weight loss..I can't complain..I am loosing it a lot faster than I thought!

I really want to finish school and get my career started without having anymore delays (oopsies) so I decided to be put on birth control. I am not good with taking a pill everyday and I didn't want to take anything that would mess with my already screwed up hormones, so I decided to go with the Mirena Intrauterine contraceptive (IUD). I don't know many people who have gone this route for birth control so we'll see how it goes. I go next Tuesday to have it implanted....blah

4 comments:

Sherree said...

She is getting so big. I have the mirena and I love it. I am sure that you will too.

Jen said...

OK YOU HAVE TO TELL ME HOW THE MIRENA GOES...WE ARE GOING TO START "TRYING" FOR ANOTHER BABY NEXT YEAR THEN I WANT TO DO THE MIRENA(BECAUSE WE WILL PROBABLY BE DONE!) BUT I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WHO USES IT SO NOW I CAN GET ADVICE FROM YOU! ALSO GOOD LUCK WITH SCHOOL! YOU ARE GOING TO BE IN SUPER MOMMY MODE!!

Cassie Fields said...

I have also attempted to get the Mirena but had a hard time and couldn't get it placed correctly! But majority of people I know who have it just love it so, good luck! I would have gone back to try again but Bama decided to have the " procedure " instead! I just love him for that! Anyway that's probably TMI sorry!

Shelley said...

I have the mirena and I love it! I was on the ring(I never suggest it) when I had a oopsie with Payson, so I did not want that to happen again. Matt says we are done and I am undecided, so that's we got the mirena. So we will see in a few years what happens. It is definitely good if you want more kids or are undecided.