
I was visiting a friends blog yesterday and after I got finished looking at her newest post, I decided to look at her "invisible friends" to see if I knew any of them. One of her friends had a great post that I just have to copy. It's something I think about all the time!
I am sure most everyone has heard the Brad Paisley song, Letter to Me. I have often wondered how different my life would be I had not made some of the decisions I made in the past 24 years (especially in high school). I have to admit there are a lot of things I regret doing or saying.
If I could write a letter to me, I would say:
- Your 8th grade year you are going to move from Hoover to Vestavia. Don't give your mom such a hard time. You will meet some of the best friends you will ever have. Those friends will become life long friends that you will keep in touch with for years to come. Oh, and don't give your mom such a hard time in the mornings either. Your not the only one who suffers when you wake up in a bad mood every morning. Cheer up and try to be more of a pleasure to be around.
- On New Years Day 2001, do not try to drive Jennifer home. The roads are iced over and you will run into a guardrail in you moms Explorer. Just go eat breakfast at Hardees with the rest of the girls.
- In the Spring of 2001, you will meet a boy at the Summit. Your going to be crazy about him but don't fall head over heals for him quit yet. Give him time and he will come around. In 7 years, you will marry him.
- In April of 2002 , this same boy will have a big party at his house. Try to prevent it because there will be a fight between a bunch of guys and this boy will get stabbed.
- In the summer of 2002, watch out for the car behind you when you are turning onto Hwy 11. He is going to rear end you and push you into on coming traffic. Also, make sure Corey doesn't drive your car after he's been drinking. It will get impounded ;)
- Your Senior year of High School should be your most memorable. Don't let anyone or anything keep you from participating in everything you can! Cheer your Senior year - you will regret not doing it. Don't pick your boyfriend over your friends. Years later you will realize how stupid that will be. Attend the Prom and Graduation parties instead of just going home.
- Remember your Dad and Jill did everything they could to make sure you graduated from Vestavia. Therefore, don't be deceitful. When they ask you a question, be honest! Your biggest problem will be curfew. Make sure your home by 12:00 so your dad isn't out looking for you in the wee hours of the morning. You and your parents are going to get in a huge argument over your attitude in February of 2003. Just listen to what they have to say and DO NOT say ugly things to them and storm out. It will be the biggest thing you will regret.
- Your second semester of college you are going to change your major to nursing. DON'T. After working at a hospital you will realize that nursing is not your calling. Stay with Elementary Education. You will eventually go to Montevallo to get your degree in Education and absolutely love it! Your also going to have another delay in graduating but I will let that be a surprise. It's worth it...Just wait..
4 comments:
WOW! Ashley-I never thought of doing this on myself! WOW-it really makes you think!
Yeah..It's kind of theraputic in a way!
email me at ashley_5858@hotmail.com
I want to know about the implanion? (sp) I may get it...
That was so great and so inspiring sweetie :)
Post a Comment