Well today was the day I have been dreading for a week. The day I have my IUD put in. Although I was a little nervous I figured it would be a rather quick process and I would be on my way. Not the case. When I finally got called back and got a chance to talk with my doctor, he informed me that there is a risk with inserting the IUD if you've had a C-section recently. Obviously, its only been a little less than 7 weeks since I had my emergency c-section. The risk is that while inserting the IUD into the uterus, it could accidentally get poked through the scar tissue of the incision from the c-section therefore leaving a hole in your uterus. A hole in your uterus = surgery..BLAH.. I really like my doctor and I literally trust him with my life because he pretty much saved mine and my daughters so I told him it was his call..If he thought he could do it without puncturing my uterus then go ahead, if not, we'll go another route. So he decided to try and if it didn't slip right into place he wasn't going to force it. Well it didn't slip right into place and therefore on to plan B. IMPLANON.. which is pretty much a 4 cm sterile rod that is implanted into your arm. It works the same way the IUD works, but instead of being inserted into your uterus, it's inserted into your arm. My doctor informed me it was made for nursing women who had a c-section. The IUD was made for nursing women who delivered vaginally. ANYWAY.. My day at the OB/GYN was needless to say, not the way I imagined. Not only did I unsuccessfully have a plastic, t-shaped contraceptive shoved against my uterus, I also had my arm cut open and a rod inserted into it. I should have just taken the pills. SORRY..TMI.. Just felt the need to share!
P.S. The picture has nothing to do with the post. I just thought it would sweeten up my not so sweet day!
P.S.S. Referring to yesterdays post (GOT MILK)- I normally don't let my daughters face get covered in formula and if it does, I normally clean it right away. I THOUGHT she was just to happy and cute to not take pictures. Heath fussed at me yesterday for posting those pictures because she looked "dirty." I thought they were sweet!
4 comments:
Awe, bless your heart! Well at least you know you gave it a shot so you won't 'wonder' :)
PS - I love the pictures in Got Milk... they made me laugh. Too sweet!!
Ok so... I just shivered at the thought of a rod being inserted into your arm! ouch! I am glad your Dr. opted aginsted the IUD. One of my friends got one after an emergency c-section and it ended up in her rib cage floating beside her lungs! Needless to say she had to have another emergency surgery! I love the sweet pictures with milk on her baby face! That child is so precious! I would 110% love to take some pictures of her! I am going to Vegas this weekend but I will be back at it on Monday and will have lots of spare time. Does next Wednesday sound good? Let me know!
ok, so I know I told you I attempted it! and you see I had the same outcome as you! but I didn't want to pull down on your hopes because it could have worked for you, but I also had a C-section both times and had the same risk but my Dr. tried and got really close but when she sent me for an ultrasound to check it she was about a half inch off of the mark, and it was too painful for me to try again! So I got the Nuva Ring ( which I loved )until Bama made an executive decision and got the ole snip snip!
how is it working for you-any side effects?
Post a Comment