When I found out I was pregnant with Ava Reese, I was in the middle of getting my undergraduate degree in Elementary Education at the University of Montevallo. I was suppose to start my internship in August and graduate in December '08. Plans had to be put on hold because Ava Reese was due to be born in October, which would be right in the middle of my internship. I think I had people doubt that I would actually go back and finish my degree after getting use to being at home with the baby but in my mind I had no doubt that I would finish! I am not one to want to stay at home! I love my daughter and I am so thankful that I am able to spend the first 3 months of her life at home but I am ready to finish school and get to work! Therefore, I am so excited to announce that I am registering for my last semester of college (as an undergrad.. I plan on getting my Masters) on Wednesday and I will start my internship in January and graduate in May! This time next year, I will be a teacher!
These are a few picture of my time in the classroom!
These students are working in a literacy center I made.
2 comments:
Ashawie... I am so proud of you!!! We get to graduate together in May! I mean not technically together but in the same month... you know what I mean. :)
love you!
I never doubted you'd finish sweet girl! I am so proud of you and if you need me to baby sit at night or on weekends so you can study... Nana Tammy is there for you babe :)
Post a Comment