Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bad Weather and Internship Placement

One thing I didn't get from my parents is not worrying about the weather. I am ALWAYS very cautious of the weather and if a strand of strong storms come through, I am glued to the news until they pass. Last night was one of those nights. We had stormy weather all night last night and it lasted till this morning. With Heath being out of town on a hunting trip, it made me even more worried because 1. I am at home by myself with the baby and 2. Heath is sleeping in a tent in south Alabama and I know he isn't paying attention to the weather. Therefore, I stayed up all night last night watching James Paul Dice and the FOX 6 weather crew. Just when I thought it was getting better, they would put out another tornado warning. Needless to say, I am exhausted today and last night would have been a great night for me to sleep because my little sunshine slept from 10:00 to 6:00. Yes, that's 8 hours!! I decided that Ava Reese and I are going to do absolutely NOTHING today. I gave us both a bath and put our robes on and now we are doing nothing.

I forgot to check the mail yesterday so when the rain let up this morning I walked to the mailbox to find a much anticipated letter from the University of Montevallo! Inside was a letter telling me where I am going to do my student teaching next semester! I am SO excited to announce that I am going to be at Chelsea Intermediate School in a 5th grade classroom! I can't wait for this amazing experience! Wish me luck with a room full of 10 and 11 year old students for 4 months.

I am now going to go nap with AR!

Peace..

4 comments:

Jen said...

ashley she is just precious! and congrats on the internship!! good luck!

Shelley said...

Good luck with your internship. My sister goes to CIS. She is in the
4th grade, Mrs. Greer's class. I also know one of the 5th grade teachers her name is Leann Cox let me know which class you get put with. I hope you do not have to teach 3rd grade it was the hardest year we have had yet. This year is so much better.

Anonymous said...

ok so... AR looks just like her Momma in that picture! Congrats on the internship placement. That's where Susie did her back in the day and she still talks about it. I guess she really liked it.

Sue said...

I have a friend who is the assistant principal there...Stevi Sims. She is very nice. Good luck! (I'm a worrier when it comes to storms, too)