Friday, May 29, 2009

AR's Nursery




Like I said last week, AR's room is my favorite room of the house. The only thing it lacks is wall hangings. Although I love to take pictures I am really bad about getting them printed and framed. My plans are to hang a mirror, an old window, and frames on her walls but I haven't got that far yet. So here is AR's nursery as is...
This is what you see when you walk in her room!
This piece of furniture was in my kitchen to begin with. It's very old but all it needed was a coat of paint and it works perfectly in her nursery. The top holds some of my old dolls, picture frames, books, stuffed animals, and other little things that I wanted displayed. The drawers are just extra storage for bibs, burp clothes, etc.

Here is her crib with her adorable bedding {the picture does not do it justice}. When I was pregnant, I was obsessed with the color red. Whether the baby be a boy or girl, I wanted to incorporate red {actually I wanted to paint the walls red but my mom talked me out of it...thanks goodness :) } After I found out we were having an AVA REESE, I decided to go with this lady bug bedding. I love it and it gives me just enough red for the room!
Moving on...
My Memaw bought me the glider. It, along with the crib are the only "new" pieces of furniture in the room. Everything else was either found at antique malls or the thrift store or pieces we already had. When looking for a glider, we had a hard time finding white one with cushions that would match the room but wasn't outrageous. I found this one and thought it would be great to incorporate yellow into the room also. After I got the glider, I then decided to paint the first piece I showed you yellow!
This is an old trunk Heath's mom bought him years ago. Before my Memaw got a hold of it, it was brown with a stained, flowery fabric on it. Memaw painted it white and reupholstered it! She also made the cute valence! LOVE!!

Here is another book shelf that I also took out of my kitchen and painted red. It holds most of AR's book, photo albums, and lady bug paintings.

The dresser I am pretty sure came from the thrift store. Memaw painted it and decoupaged it to match her bedding. We were going to change out the pull handles but Heath wanted us to leave it as is..so we did!!

Well, we've gone in a full circle around the room and headed back out the door!

Here are a few of my favorite things in the room:

I hope you enjoyed!!

6 comments:

Taz + Belly said...

It looks GREAT! I especially love the yellow cabinet :).

Unknown said...

I love the green color you chose. Beautiful!

The Williamson's said...

Her room is adorable! I love the rocking chair! I hope y'all have had a great weekend.

Sue said...

I love her room! You have done a great job...I especially love the yellow cabinet and the chest your memaw refinished.

Anonymous said...

cutest room for the cutest and sweetest girl! love it!tre

The Baby Cove said...

What a fun and sunny nursery! I love the colors and what you did with the furniture.