UPDATE: I forgot to spell check before I posted this the first time..Have I mentioned how bad of a speller I am?
As I mentioned before, AR is cutting both of her top front teeth. When she cut her bottom front teeth, she cut them both at the same time also. I just assumed she would be a little irritable, have a few nasty diapers, and gnaw on everything she could get her hands on because this is what she did when she cut the bottom teeth. Boy was I wrong. First, "a little irritable" doesn't even touch it. She has fussed and cried and screamed for the past few days. One minute she is fine and the next minute she is screaming...bless her heart. As for the dirty diapers, I have never in my life seen a child poop so much. Actually, I called the doctor this morning to make sure I shouldn't bring her in because I am so concerned about how many dirty diapers she has in one day. She has had such bad diapers and I have had to change her so much, she now has an awful diaper rash. She screams every time I change her diaper. The nurse told me to keep a check on her to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated and to wipe her with a warm wash cloth instead of a wipe because whatever wipes are made out of tend to irritate their bottom even more when they have a severe diaper rash. She also told me to keep applying the Boudreaux's after every diaper change and then put Vaseline on top of that...hmmm. I have also been trying to let her go diaper less. Yesterday, I put a towel in the bottom of her Pack N Play and let her sit and play naked to see if that helped. Then we let her crawl naked for a few minutes last night.
Today she has been in a much better mood..Our cousin Tucker came over for a few hours this morning to play so his Daddy could run to work so he kept her busy and preoccupied. They got along just fine in the beginning but Tucker is a typical toddler who has trouble sharing and AR doesn't like to have her toys taken away from her..Needless to say, we were glad to see Tucker but thank goodness it was just for a few hours.
Tucker's daddy is a big AUBURN fan so I made sure he drank his juice out of AR's Alabama sippy cup...ha!
Roll Tide ;)
Now on to a funnier note... AR usually takes an evening nap around 6:00. I've tried to break her of it because she sleeps longer at night if she misses that nap. Usually as long as I keep her busy and distracted she will miss that nap. Sometimes, however, there is nothing I can do to keep her awake.
So I just reclined the high chair, covered her up, and let her sleep!
5 comments:
try putting aquaphor on her. It works wonders and yes the warm rag works great too!
I was going to say the same thing as Ashley about the Aquaphor. It is great. She looks so cute alseep in her highchair. Hopefully she will be feeling better soon.
She is so beautiful!! I love your posts. I hope she starts feeling better soon. Come on teeth. Come out, come out of AR's gums please!!!
precious baby child!!! i hate teeth.. they make sweet babies feel bad!
Bless her sweet heart...she is so precious! Love the picture of her asleep in the high chair.
Post a Comment