Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Bittersweet Goodbye

Today was my last day of internship. I have been looking forward to this day for months. My experience at Chelsea Intermediate School was one I will never forget. The administration, faculty and students went out of their way to support and help me in any way the could. I had a really tough class* this semester but each and every one of them were are so sweet. They pulled one on me today. While I was out of the room this afternoon, my sneaky cooperating teacher and students put together a little surprise going away party. When I came back into the room the class broke into a song, "Happy Graduation to you" with the beat of Happy Birthday to you." They also showered me with gifts, food, and sweet notes. I got many apologies for talking so much, good luck wishes, and come back pleads.I hated to leave and I will truly miss this group of young children. I have watched them grow and learn since January and wish them the best as they journey to the big middle school. My time at Chelsea Intermediate was a learning experience. I have a much better understanding of the classroom and although I have much more to learn, I feel this time has truly prepared me for my own classroom. Thank you everyone at Chelsea Intermediate School!

*Even though I would love to share a picture of my 5th graders, I have so many whose parents preferred their child's picture or name not be posted on the Internet. With that being said, I decided it best to not post pictures of any of them. Just take my word for it, they are too sweet for words!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yah for ashley!!! i am so excited that is border line ridiculous!!! i love that A water cooler bottle! i need one of those!

Amy said...

You need to get resumes out NOW. RIGHT NOW. You also need to email me.
amygmartin@aol.com
amartin@shelbyed.k12.al.us