Sunday, May 3, 2009

Santuck


Yesterday, our little family woke up really early and headed to Wetumpka, AL for the Santuck Flea Market. Santuck is an outdoor flea market with hundreds of vendors that come from all around on the first Saturday of every month. Nana and her sisters love going so we decided to see what the fuss was all about. It was actually pretty fun! I was expecting to see a bunch of junk but to my surprise it's much more than just a flea market. It's like going to a flea market/yard sale/craft show all in one. AR especially enjoyed herself. She loves commotion and that's what it was, a lot of commotion. She laid back in her stroller with her feet propped up on the tray and observed. We all enjoyed our experience at the famous Santuck and might just have to plan another trip next month!



We were so worn out from our morning of shopping so we came home and did absolutely nothing. AR has a nasty congestive cough again and hasn't been herself the past few days so I guess we will be making a trip to the doctors office tomorrow. We have a big weekend coming up and I don't want her to be sick and irritable all weekend. I am hoping its nothing more than congestion from her allergies and not bronchitis again. This is what AR thinks about being sick:

Well we are headed out to find gifts for a baby shower and my last day in my 5th grade classroom. I really want to get all of my students a little gift (the same gift of course) and my teacher a little something also. I am having trouble coming up with something .....Any suggestions???

2 comments:

Nana said...

I just showed Cookie her pix in the glasses and we both agree she is just cute as a bug!! I've never heard of Santuck, but I totally want to go now. By the way, I'm so excited AR can say Nana now, I know that's officially Tina when she says it... but hey, to me, it counts for me too :) YAY!

Oh, and for the kids; you could take a class picture (or better yet have someone take one of you with the kids), make/print copies for pennies each; and then buy the $1 unfinished frames at HL or Michaels and paint them all differently. Maybe put their names on them, the date, the school name/year, etc. If you don't have the paint and brushes (which I'm sure you do), I have a ton you can use!! You can also get cute little things like a school house or something already painted for .25c ea. to glue on the frames (or something more personal for ea. child even). Just the first thing that came to mind :)

Anonymous said...

i love the face AR us making! and I so wanna go to Santuck next trip!!! .. and I have no idea what to get for the gifts...but.... i will ask susie.. she was a student teacher for 5th grade at Chelsea too...