Meet
Madisyn!

She is the special one we have been waiting to meet since September!! She arrived around 3:00 yesterday afternoon and I have been anxiously waiting to get my hands on her! The doctor told her mommy last week that she was going to be really small but I think he got this one wrong. Madi weighs a whopping 8 lb 0oz and is 20 1/2 inches long. She ain't small ;) AR and I along with a few friends went to the hospital this evening to meet baby Madi. Madi's mom, Ashley had to be induced about 2 weeks early because her blood pressure was dangerously high. Mommy and baby are doing just fine! Here are a few pictures from visit.

AR with Jennifer (her babysitter)
Me with sweet baby Madi

So a couple of friends of mine have participated in
Kelly's home tour so I figured I would participate this week! This weeks room is the Dining Room. My dining room turned into Daddy's office when he started his own company. We have NO storage in our house so we have the Master bedroom, the nursery, and one other bedroom devoted totally to storage. The only room left to make an office was the dining room so I will just show you our little breakfast nook. When I was about 6 or 7 months pregnant I was taking Summer classes at Montevallo. When I got back home from class I walked into a brand new kitchen. My mom, Memaw, and Heath had "taken notes" on what I wanted to do with the kitchen and took it upon themselves to do it. They painted, brought in a new table, chairs, and island, and put up a new window treatment!! I love my mom and Memaw's taste and would trust them to come do my whole house! I absolutely loved what they did! So here is the breakfast nook:

These plates on the wall were a wedding gift when Heath and I got married. They are our every day plates and I LOVE them. Actually, I have two other friends who registered for these exact same plates for their wedding also. Great minds think alike :) When mom and Memaw brought in the red chairs, they thought the plates would look great displayed. The light fixture was gold and ugly so they painted over the gold with black paint and put new globes on it! I really thought it was a new fixture. I think the clock on the wall is too small so I am on a look out for a bigger clock.

This is from the back door looking into the kitchen. On this wall hangs a large, framed print called The Apple Gathering.
So there is my dining room breakfast nook!
Next week: Nursery/Child's room (my favorite room of the house)
3 comments:
I love your dining chairs, very cute! You should look at World Market, I saw some pretty big clocks there recently. I'm glad you are participating :). I'm the most excited about next week!
SOOOO CUTE!!! I got our big clock at Kirklands...they have several different designs but all are the same size. Print a coupon from their website before you go!
The breakfast nook looks great. The plates look great on the wall. Good idea! I can't wait to see AR's room next week. I won't be participating next week since we don't have a nursery but hopefully I can join back in the next week.
Very Cute Ashley!!
Post a Comment