Monday, June 29, 2009

My Fussy Little One

AR is normally a very happy baby for the most part. For the past few days, however, she has been so irritable and clingy. Her 9 month check up is on Wednesday and I am trying to hold out till then to take her to the doctor. She has felt warm like she might have a little temp. but when I check it, she's not running fever. I know one of her problems is she is cutting another tooth but I think there is something more to it than that. It is just so obvious she doesn't feel well. She also hasn't been sleeping much which is also contributing to the fussiness. I have never met a child that sleeps as little as she does. Her main problem is she has become a very light sleeper and any little noise wakes her up. She also fights sleep so if she does wake up she doesn't easily fall back to sleep. On top of that, she doesn't feel well. I hope I don't sound like a bad Mommy for not already taking her to the doctor but she isn't running fever and other than the fact that she's irritable and has a runny nose, she's not showing any signs of being really sick.. I just don't see the point of making 2 trips to the doctor within 3 days if at all possible!

{AR and Nana}

So after a lazy day at home dealing with a whiny baby, I dressed her up all pretty and took her to Heath's Uncle Jerry's visitation. AR was so happy while we were there. She was a little clingy but was all smiles. I swear she understands when someone tells her she's pretty. Maybe she was irritable today because she wanted to look pretty today. When we're vegging out at home I don't worry about the bows in her hair or what she has on. Maybe she was trying to tell me that she was ready for me to put a bow in her hair and a pretty dress on her :) ha! I wish.. The visitation was so upsetting. Jerry left behind a wife who adored him and the children {21, 18, 12}. I can't imagine loosing my father, especially at that young of an age. Of course they are torn to pieces but they were so strong tonight. My heart aches for them. I have made the executive decision to not attend the funeral service in the morning due to AR's behavior the last couple of days but we will be attending the burial afterwards.

2 comments:

bcowart said...

Hey Ashley! This is Britney Cowart. Just wanted to tell you it sounds like ava reese's symptoms are from teething. Lillian has been that exact same way the past few days. warm but no fever, clingy, fussy on and off, tired...etc. I gave her some tylenol and that seemed to help her. She is cutting two big molar teeth. Those big teeth can make them feel bad and interrupt their sleep. Lillian has been all over the place with naps and bedtime. She hasn't been sleeping well. I know i'm not a doctor so I hope it is nothing serious but just teething.

Ashley W said...

That makes me feel better! I don't think it is anything major and I'm hoping the doctor will tell me she's just teething! Thank you girl!