Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Check Ups and Monitors

Today Ava Reese had a doctors appointment. I was, and still am confused on why we had a check up at 3 months but whatever. I think the receptionist made a mistake and set us up for a 3 month appointment instead of a 4 month appointment but either way, we went to the doctor today. Since Ava Reese got her 2 month shots only about 4 weeks ago, they couldn't go ahead and give her the 4 month shots because they have to wait at least 6-8 weeks before they can have another round of shots. Therefore, we have to go back in 2 weeks to get her shots. So today, she just got a check up! She is a healthy, growing baby. She is right on track in her development. She now weighs 13 lbs and 4.5 ounces and she is 24 1/4 in. long. We were like a whole pound off on her weight when we weighed her ourselves the other day. They didn't tell me what percentile she was in this time but I'm assuming she is still right in the 50th percentile range. All in all, she perfect!


Tonight I decided to let Ava Reese sleep in her crib and I felt pretty good about it because I have a SIDS monitor and a regular baby monitor in her room. After she had been asleep for a little over an hour the alarm on her SIDS monitor went off. I ran in her room and snatched her up only to get a sleepy, confused look from my exhausted daughter. Yes, she was still breathing but the alarm goes off on the monitor when the baby doesn't breath for about 5 seconds. I guess she was in such a deep sleep she forgot to breath. By this time, my nerves were shot. It took her no time to fall right back asleep but I ended up putting her in her bassinett in our room because Heath would have it no other way. I don't think Ava Reese is going to have a problem at all adjusting to her crib. I think Mommy and Daddy have the problem.

4 comments:

Sherree said...

She looks so cute with her keds on. I know what you mean about putting Ava Reese in her crib.It is so hard. Natalie sleeps in the bed with us-huge mistake. Anyways when Rylan got to big for the bassinet we but the pack and play in our room and he sleeps in there.

Cassie Fields said...

Oh wow, She is totally looking just like you know! What a cutie, all sittin up so big and happy. I am with you on the monitor, mygirls still have them in their rooms, cause I am paranoyed. That reminds me of a funny story I'll have to blog about?

Diana Catherine said...

Love the little bitty keds! She is precious and I really need to come visit so I can see her and play with her! Miss you!

April Hollingsworth said...

We put Raine in her crib sometime between 1 and 2 months. I can't remember. But I'm having a time with moving her to a toddler bed. The idea of her getting out of bed in the middle of the night freaks me out. Just hang in there. You'll feel better about it in time.

BTW: I don't care what anyone says, she looks just like you, especially in the picture on this post.