Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Passies and Chuckles

This past weekend, I desperately tried to get Ava Reese to suck on a passy. I did this, not because I think she is the sweetest, cutest thing ever when she sucks on it and not because I want her to because I would actually rather her not. I did this because she is trying to suck her thumb. My thought is this...when she is a year old and we are transitioning from baby to a big girl, I can take away the passy when I take away the bottle. However, I can't take away her thumb whenever I feel it's needed. I WILL NOT have a thumb sucker and I am bound and determined not to. So after many hours of taking our hands out of our mouth and sticking a passy in, we finally are taking a passy and NOT a thumb {fist, fingers, hand, etc.}! Did I mention how sweet she looks when she sucks on a passy..Honestly, it melts my heart!!
{Yes, she is wearing Winnie the Pooh jammies but only because we borrowed them from Uncle Joseph when we went to Pop's and JiJi's to visit after our photo shoot! Normally we don't wear Pooh AT ALL..Mommy hates Pooh}
Since Mommy has been so busy this semester, Daddy has spent a lot of time with Ava Reese. AR is a daddy's girl and loves for him to sing to her! Last night he was singing to her and she busted out into LAUGHTER. Not a scream of excitement but laughter! It was so contagious and Heath even got teary eyed listening to her. She melts his heart also. Watching him with her makes me fall in love with him all over again!

4 comments:

The Buchanan Family said...

That is the sweetest pic of the two of them! Cherish those moments, they grow up way to fast!

Sherree said...

Rylan sucks his thumb and it is the sweetest thing to watch. I will admit at first I didn't want him to do it b/c like you said that is something you can't take away but he is my last baby and if he wants to suck his thumb then so be it. I tried the pacifers with him but he would just push them out trying to get his thumb in his mouth. When he first started trying to suck his thumb we would try and give him the pacifer during the day was fine when I could monitor everytime he would try and put it in his mouth it was at night that we would have problems everytime I would go to pick him up from the bed he would have his thumb in his mouth. Needless to say he is now a professional and I wouldn't change it for the world. I guess the $30 I spent of personilzed pacifers was a waste. Hopefully she will continue taking hers b/c she does look adorable sucking it.

Cassie Fields said...

She does look super cute with that passy! but I am more intrigued by the fact that you don't like Pooh Bear, you must tell us more? I am convinced there is a story behind it but maybe not, but I am too curious either way!

Beth Scott said...

Look at her sweet little nose! You need to take a profile picture of her--email it to me and I'll crop it into a silhouette!