
Wow...what a week already! Tuesday I started my internship and like I said before, I am at Chelsea
Intermediate School with a 5
th grade class! Last Friday, I went and met my cooperating teacher,
Le Ann Cox, and she is AWESOME! I am going to learn so much from her. In the past 2 days that I have been in her classroom, I have learned more than the past 3 years I have been observing in Elementary schools. She is willing to explain to me everything that goes on, from curriculum to rules to procedures! She is also giving me SO MUCH freedom {as much as she is allowed to} to let me be creative and do things the way I want which I am very excited about! Her class is a challenging one but this class is the perfect class to have for
internship. I know in the real world, not all classrooms are going to be perfect and this class has already proven that to me! Although they are a handful, I am up for the challenge and can't wait to put what I've learned into effect. Today I got to sit in on 2 parent/teacher conferences and, I'll be honest, it scared me to death. Parents can be brutal about how you teach, what you teach, and very defensive of their babies and as a teacher, you have to be able to defend yourself but in the most respectable way possible! Mrs. Cox did an awesome job and by the end of both conferences, everyone was feeling a little better than they did before they came in! Needless to say, I am so excited about this semester! I am so lucky to have such a wonderful placement and even though its not going to be easy, I am
definitely up for the challenge.
Sadly, because I am going to be SO busy during internship, I know my blogging won't be as frequent as it has been in the past. I will post as much as I can, but how often that will be, I don't know! Wish me luck!
3 comments:
Good Luck, you'll do a great job! and thank you for the sweet comment.
i am so proud of my Ashawie!
Guess what.. WE FINALLY GRADUATE COLLEGE IN MAY!
I love you!
p.s. I tagged you. See my blog for details. :)
GOOD LUCK...you will do great. I agree that you will learn more during internship than any other class you will ever take. I really think that you should just spend your college years doing internship...that's what it's all about. I understand about your time and the blogging...just blog when you can because I enjoy reading.
Post a Comment