Friday, January 30, 2009

Yummy in my Tummy

We have started giving Ava Reese a little bit of stage 1 baby food every once in a while. I bought bananas, applesauce, and green beans for her to try first ;) First we tried the bananas and Ava Reese HATED them. She gave me the ugliest but funniest faces I have ever seen her give when she tried a bite. A few days later, when she had almost gone 2 full days without a dirty diaper, we tried applesauce to see if it would help move things along. After just a couple of bites she was done with the applesauce but later that day, the applesauce did what it was intended to do...it moved things right along! So, without having much luck with bananas {which I love banana baby food} and applesauce, I decided to go ahead and try the green beans. I really thought she was going to hate the green beans because out of the 3 choices, it sounds the worse. Therefore, you can imagine my surprise when Ava Reese was reaching for the spoon full of green beans like a baby bird with its mouth wide open and eventually gobbling down half the jar down in just a few minutes! At least she did get one thing from her mommy...her love for veggies!


{We didn't make near the mess with cereal, bananas, or applesauce. We obviously REALLY liked the green beans}

1 comment:

Nana said...

OK - can I just say you are killing me with these pictures you keep posting lately!! She is too freakin' cute for words... the older she gets the more beautiful she gets (and from the first time I laid eyes on her I would not have thought "more beautiful" was possible)!

I demand my turn to babysit, heehee :) Seriously, I would love to keep her anytime you need, or just want, a night (or morning/afternoon) out. Nana Tammy needs to bond with this sweetie pie!! Or... y'all could just come visit! You might not want to this weekend though, I think I have strep - I know I have a terrible cold/sinus infection.

Ohhhh... now that hunting season is over after this weekend, I am going to plan a "Poker Crew Reunion" - won't that be fun? See, now my mind is reeling - I think I'll post a blog about it, lol.

LOVE YOU & MISS YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!