Friday, January 23, 2009

Where is Ava Reese.....?

Where is AR???
Every time I lay AR down for a nap , she automatically pulls a blanket to her face and covers her eyes. She loves to have something soft against her face to go to sleep. She will fuss and fight sleep for hours but as soon as she gets a soft blanket against her face, her eyes get heavy and she slowly starts dosing off..It worries me that she always covers her face because I'm afraid she is going to end up suffocating herself. Therefore, as soon as I know she is good and asleep, I pull the blanket off her face!

There she is!!!
I usually wake up about 50 times during the night to make sure she's still breathing and everything is good and almost every time I wake up, I have to pull the blanket off her face. I have a sleep sack that I have let her sleep in so she doesn't have to use a blanket but she doesn't sleep well with it. I guess I am just going to have to let her keep the blankets. She is now getting old enough to pull of own face away from the blanket and take a deep breath. I'm just such a paranoid mommy...but only because I adore her!!

1 comment:

Beth Scott said...

She will not be a child that no one wants to be around! She is precious! She and Alston are going to have so much fun!
Alston has gotten to where he likes to chew on blankets, but sometimes I'll hear him starting to get aggravated and I'll find him with his head completely covered. So I finally gave him a lovey-- it's a little bitty blanket with a dog head and arms. Its not big enough to completely cover his head and it makes me feel a lot more comfortable!