Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm so sorry...

I felt like I needed to write about this tonight mostly out of guilt but also out of appreciation. I really need to give my husband some credit. He has stepped up to the plate and done more than I could have ask for as a husband and a father. We have had a crazy week with me starting back to school so Heath has had to step in as Mr. Mom and has done so with very few complaints.

Today I was very ugly to him and I am very sorry about it. Heath woke up this morning with a long Honey Do list and also a really bad cold. Even though he was running fever and felt like dirt, he still got out of bed this morning to get Ava Reese to the baby sitter and AnnMarie {the girl I nanny for} to school so I could be in Chelsea by 7:30. The plan was for him to pick Ava Reese up from the baby sitter because I had to take AnnMarie to gymnastics this afternoon after school and I didn't want Ava Reese to be at the babysitter for going on 10 hours. So when I called to confirm that he was going to pick her up, he reminded me of how sick he was and thought it would be better for me to get her on my way home tonight. THAT WAS NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR and I let him know that very quickly. I am really bad about being sympathetic, especially when it comes to being sick because for some reason, when men get sick, they fall apart and for some reason become completely helpless. I need medicine, I need a back rub, wheres the heating pad, will you fix me a glass of tea, check my temp, blah, blah, blah. However, when I am sick, things still have to be done whether I feel good or not and in my opinion, the same should go for him. I just assumed he had the same nasty cold I had a few weekends ago and reminded him that even though I was sick, I still had things I HAD to do and therefore, get over it and go get Ava Reese...and he did. So when I finally got home this evening I realized how sick he really is. He really didn't need to be out in this weather and he really didn't need to be around Ava Reese because he is REALLY sick {like flu symptoms sick} but he did what I said to do anyway because I said so and because he doesn't want to disappoint me and get me upset during my first week of internship. What a sweetheart! I'm so sorry...

{The picture above is not from tonight because obviously Heath is sick and Ava Reese doesn't need to be. It's just one I've had put back waiting for the perfect post}

6 comments:

Cassie Fields said...

Awe sweet daddy, you guys will get used to all the hustle and bustle soon. And all the funny faces just get better, Ava is too cute!

Shelley said...

Men do not think like we do. They can't see between those lines. So we just have to guide them with a little shove! But in all they really do mean well and try very hard. She is so sweet!

Sue said...

We all say things at times that we regret....I have said MANY!! It's so sweet to see how Heath has jumped in there and is just a great daddy. I remember him when he was just a little boy (see I started teaching when I was just a baby....LOL). You are blessed.

The Buchanan Family said...

Welcome to the FAMILY world, me and Adam have been there and done that...and it continues, they do try. I have to give Adam credit, its just not always when we NEED them to! :)

Nana said...

All I'm gonna say is... won't be the last time, lol :-) I just think we need a poker game so us girls and put these men back in there place! It's been too long.
Love you!!

Nana said...

Oh, and ps... I hope Heath feels better :) Love him too!!